Wednesday 28 July 2010

Busy, busy

We are dancing regularly in a few different homes now, becoming familiar with some of the residents. There are a few 'characters' who are always willing to get up and put a belt on, take a turn around the floor. It has helped my confidence, enormously, some of the lovely comments, the smiles of welcome. I had found the visits a little daunting as my Dad had been in a home before he died so it just goes to show, our dance visits are supposed to be a kind of therapy for the residents, rather, a bit of healing for me...
Lucy is taking a break from teaching for the summer, and is, I gather, up to her elbows in jewellery making.
I am continuing at Berwick and Alnwick for the time being.
We have been asked, alongside Tribezuza, to appear at Alnwick International Music Festival on Wednesday 4th August and will perform at 12.10pm and 12.40pm.
Whoooeeeee!!!!
Lucy couldn't join me at Wooler (Breeze) Festival, Sunday last, unfortunately. I invited Angela Noble's 'Tribezuza' to join Manashee (namely Ailsa, Eleanor, Liza, Ros and myself, this time). I have to say we put on a great show, dancing 2 x 30 minute sets, each tribe chorused the other. This will probably be the pattern for Alnwick, too.
Saturday, we had a drumming workshop with Martin Neil, very talented musician who still has the ability to teach to any age, any level of confidence. Maybe one day we will be dancing to our own drumbeat...

No comments:

Post a Comment